X-Lite Installation and Setup
X-Lite is a FREE softphone which works well with the Tel2 service. You can also upgrade to the Counterpath Bria client for a more feature rich client.
Here is how to install the X-Lite client to work with Tel2:
- Download the X-Lite client for your operating system at http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download/
- Follow the installation instructions and then setup your microphone/speaker device on Startup
- Click on the Accounts tab
- Enter the following details
- Account name: Tel2 Account
- User ID: your-phone-number (e.g. 441254488770)
- Domain: phone.tel2.co.uk
- Password: your-password (i.e. your password entered when you signed up)
- Display name: your-phone-number (or your actual name if you prefer)
- Authorization name: your-phone-number (e.g. 441254488770)
- Click OK and then you should see your account created and a green light should appear in the Status column if the phone has registered successfully
- Close the accounts window and X-Lite should be ready to start making and receiving calls
Having problems getting connected?
If you are having problems getting connected using X-Lite then the issue may be one of the following:
- Your account is not activated or your password is incorrect. To check this login to the NOW interfacewith the phone number and password you entered into X-Lite. If you can login to NOW then your details must be correct and your account is working
- You may have a router or firewall device which is blocking or interfering with the SIP (VoIP traffic) used to connect to our service. One possible work-around is to go back into the Accounts section and in the Domain Proxy settings at the bottom of the page click on Proxy and then enter 'phone.tel2.co.uk:50600' as the Proxy address and then click OK.
If you are having problems please log a support ticket at https://now.tel2.co.uk/support for assistance.